Without a doubt, AirPods are truly great earphones that provide good audio quality and outstanding autonomy. The AirPods do, however, have some issues, such as minor connection issues between the headphones and the device, even if we’re talking about good gadgets. In fact, we’ll address this issue in this post and outline what to do when the AirPods won’t pair with the iPhone. Observe the instructions below.
How to Fix AirPods That Won t Connect (2022)
In many circumstances, the AirPods are unable to connect to iPhone or iPad devices. Unless there is a genuine hardware, earphone, or iPhone failure, this problem can be fixed in a few minutes. All AirPods models can be fixed using the techniques detailed in this article. The steps to fix AirPods not connecting to the device are shown below.
Method 1: Check that your Device s Bluetooth is Turned On
The easiest approach to use is the first one. Make sure that the Bluetooth on the iPhone and iPad is turned on if you discover that the AirPods are not able to connect to them. Follow these steps to do it:
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to the Settings app by pressing the gear icon.
- Press on the Bluetooth option.
- Make sure that the switch next to Bluetooth is enabled.
Method 2: Make sure the AirPods are Active
The AirPods charging case does not include a button that you can press to turn the headphones on or off, so if they do not connect to the iPhone, they are probably not in use. When you take the AirPods out of their charging case for an extended period of time, this kind of issue rarely arises. Follow the actions listed below to fix the issue:
- Insert the AirPods inside the charging case.
- Close the lid of the case.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Open the lid and try to connect the earphones to the device.
Method 3: Reset the AirPods
The AirPods can be reset as a final resort. This approach will reset the AirPods to their default settings and is quite likely to be successful in solving the issue. Make sure the earbuds have enough charge to carry out the following tasks properly before resetting them:
- Insert the AirPods inside the charging case and close the lid.
- Wait 30 seconds, then open the lid.
- From the iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
- Press on the Bluetooth menu.
- Under the section My devices locate the AirPods and press the i icon next to the name of the latter.
- Touch the option of Forget this device.
- Press and hold the button behind the charging case until the status indicator flashes orange and then white.
- Place the charging case near your device and follow the steps shown on the screen to pair the AirPods to your iPhone or iPad.
That covers everything you need to know about fixing AirPods that won’t pair with your phone. You might also be interested in learning about the Best Wireless Charging Cases for AirPods and How to Fix AirPods Flashing Orange while you are here.