Apple has introduced Focus Mode, a feature that lessens distractions on your iPhone and iPad devices, with the release of iOS 15. The standard Do Not Disturb (DND) option on your iPhone has been replaced by this new Focus mode and is no longer accessible through the Control Center or Settings menu. Find out below what Share Focus Status is in iOS 15.
What is Share Focus Status in iOS 15?
Focus mode’s goal is to help you concentrate on what matters most by eliminating all types of distractions, such as notifications from particular apps, incoming calls, texts, and other things. Simply put, it’s a means to increase the options available in the well-known Do Not Disturb mode.
Other iPhone or iPad users sending you messages will be able to tell that you have hushed your notifications once you have enabled Focus mode on your iOS 15 devices. This frequently occurs as a result of a new iOS device function called Share Focus Status. It is a choice that is automatically activated when Focus mode is turned on. The Messages app will also let other iOS 15 users in your contact list know that you are in Do Not Disturb mode.
Thankfully, iOS 15 includes a setting that allows you to disable your Focus Status so that it does not alert people that your iPhone is set to Do Not Disturb. Take the actions outlined below.
Turning off Share Focus Status in iOS 15
Follow the instructions below if you’re seeking for a workaround in iOS 15 to avoid sharing your Share Focus Status with your contacts.
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings and then to the Focus option.
- Tap on Focus to open it and then open any one of the pre-installed Focus options like Do Not Disturb, Driving, Sleep, Work, or Personal.
- For example, try to open Do Not Disturb in the Focus option, then scroll down and click on Focus Status.
- On the next screen, you will get an option called Share Focus Status, here you simply need to turn off the toggle for the same function.
- Similarly, you can turn off the toggle to different pre-installed options of Driving, Sleep, Work, or Personal.
- That s it, your iOS 15 device will no longer notify other iPhone or iPad users that the Do Not Disturb is on.
That concludes our discussion on Share Focus Status in iOS 15. Check out our other iOS 15 guides, available only on TechNClub.com, in the interim.