Have you ever considered how the degree sign might be typed on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac? Although inputting the international symbol for temperature is actually fairly simple, I did the same thing. Do not be alarmed. If you need to write something where the degree symbol is needed, you should definitely avoid typing the word “degrees” in place of the symbol. I will thus demonstrate how to use the degree sign on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad in this post.
How to Use the Degree Symbol on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
You might be asking where the degree symbol () is located on the keyboards of the iPhone, iPad, and Mac. This tiny symbol is already on your device, despite the fact that it is practically buried, and today I will explain where it may be found.
How to Type the Degree Symbol on Mac
Check out the following for two ways to enter the degree symbol on a Mac:
- The first method involves you pressing the Option + 0 (zero) keys combination. By pressing these keys on your Mac keyboard, you will get the degree symbol on your Mac.
- The second method is to press the key combination of Option + Shift + 8 (eight). By pressing these key combinations, it will also bring up the degree symbol.
How To Type The Degree Symbol on iPhone and iPad:
- On your iPhone or iPad, try to bring up the stock keyboard by either writing a note or typing in the chat application, etc.
- Next, you need to tap on the 123 numbers icon on the stock keyboard which will be located at the bottom left corner.
- After that, just long-press the 0 key and a menu will pop up. Don t yet release your finger yet from the keyboard.
- Now you have to move your finger to the degree symbol.
- Finally, you can now release your finger from the keyboard to type the degree symbol on your iPhone or iPad.
That is all there is to know about typing the degree symbol on an iPad, iPhone, or Mac. Check out our other guides while you’re here, including How to Fix iPhone Screen Recording Issues and How to Reduce Video Size on iPhone and Mac.