With the introduction of iOS 15, Apple made a number of modifications to its newest operating system, some of which are undoubtedly not all that nice. One of these is Safari’s search bar, which on an iPhone or iPad defaults to ending at the bottom of the display. You’ll be relieved to learn that the Safari address bar can be quickly and simply moved back to the top of the screen. I’ll describe how to make Safari’s search bar the top bar on iOS 15 devices in this article.
How to Put Safari s Search Bar Back on Top in iOS 15
The Safari address bar is automatically shifted to the bottom of the display after updating to iOS 15 on your iPhone or iPad, which is visually unpleasant and uncomfortable as well.
After years of users becoming accustomed to the search bar being at the top of the browser, Apple decided to shake things up with iOS 15 by moving it to the bottom. When it first appeared in the iOS 15 beta, this feature generated so much buzz that Apple had to add a setting to allow users to return the browser to its previous state.
Therefore, if the new address bar layout in Safari on iOS 15 bothers you, don’t worry—it will only require a single tap to go back to the previous layout. So, here’s how iOS 15 users can restore the position of the Safari search bar at the top.
How to Move Safari s Address Bar to the Top again on iOS 15
- First of all, on your iPhone or iPad with iOS 15, open the Settings app.
- After that, navigate down to find Safari, tap on it to open Safari.
- Under Safari, navigate down again until you see the Tabs section.
- Under the Tabs section, you have to tap on the Single Tab option instead of the Tab Bar option.
- That s it, once you go back and open Safari, you will find out the search bar has returned back to the top again.
And that is all there is to it when it comes to repositioning the search bar in iOS 15. See our other iOS 15 Guides area only on TechNClub.com for additional details on Apple’s most recent operating system.