Have you lately bought a Chromebook and learned that iTunes cannot be installed on it? You need not fear, however, as we have got you covered. Even if you believe there are some compatibility issues between the Google and Apple ecosystems, it is now possible to access your iTunes music library from a Chrome OS device. I’ll go into great detail in this guide on how to instal iTunes on a Chromebook.
How to Download and Install iTunes on your Chromebook in 2022
I’ll demonstrate how to download and set up iTunes on your Chromebook in this tutorial. It’s also not that challenging. You can still instal iTunes on a Chrome OS device even though Apple has not yet made an Android version of the programme available.
For the time being, Chromebooks and iTunes are still incompatible. In any event, Google Play Music, a free alternative to iTunes, allows you to import your music library. Your music will then be accessible online via third-party apps for Mac, PC, Android, Chrome OS, and iOS devices. For a workaround to instal iTunes on Chrome OS devices, see below:
- First of all, you need to go to the Google Play Web Music website, here s the link.
- After that click Import My Music.
- Now you need to click Download Music Manager .
- At this point, you can drag and drop songs to the website or click Select from your computer.
- It might be possible that the download will take some time. Also, you need to know that a large iTunes library can be time consuming depending on your internet data limits.
- For Windows, the default location for your music library is as follows: c:\Users\[your login]\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music
- On your Mac, the default location of your music library is as follows: /Users/[your login]/Music/iTunes
- Now go to your Chromebook and add the Google Play Music app if it isn t already.
- Enable Google Play Music, if it s not already activated.
- That s it, you will now be able to enjoy your music.
That is all there is to it when it comes to installing iTunes on a Chromebook. Check out our other guides as well, including ones on the best GIF keyboards for Android devices and how to reverse image search on the iPhone.