Domain Name System, or DNS as it is commonly known, is the technology that underpins the internet. The DNS server is used to establish a connection between a domain name and a server’s IP address that is online. On all of your devices, including computers and Android mobile phones, you are often assigned a default DNS server provided by the ISP. Occasionally, this DNS server will operate more slowly than other DNS service providers, such as Google DNS. As a result, I’ll show you in this post how to switch your Android phone’s DNS configuration to Google DNS.
How to Change Your Android Phone DNS Server to Google DNS
If your Android phone or tablet is linked to a WLAN network, you can quickly change the DNS server on it. Start by following the instructions below:
- First of all, on your Android phone launch the Settings menu.
- After that go to WiFi.
- Now, press and hold the WiFi network to open the WiFi settings.
- After that tap on Modify Network.
- You will now come across two options: Show Password, and Show Advanced Options.
- Here, you need to press on the second option called Show advanced options.
- Search for the IP Settings option. It should be set to DHCP by default, so what you need to do here is that tap on that and select the Static option.
- After that scroll down a bit and you will see the IP address, Gateway, etc. Here you just need to fill all the details in the same area with the required information.
- Again, scroll down a bit and enter these Google DNS addresses:
DNS 1: 22.214.171.124
DNS 2: 126.96.36.199
- Finally, click on Save and exit to go to the home screen. This way you have now changed the default DNS server on your Android phone to Google DNS.
All that’s left to do is launch Google Chrome on your Android phone, browse the web, and take advantage of the boost. You’ll notice that web pages and video content are now loading more quickly. You can now take advantage of smoother internet browsing thanks to this.
You now have all the information you require to switch the DNS server on your Android phone to Google DNS. You might also be interested in learning How to Change DNS on Windows 11 and How to Speed Up Your Internet Connection while you’re here.